Mint Chutney’s make great accompaniments with our Indian food. Especially in Indian houses this is very popular and consumed in a routine with tandoori chicken and other appetizers. So here is a very simple version for making a mint chutney.
Ingredients I used were:
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro (dhania, separated from the stem)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves (pudina)
- 1 green chilli pepper chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 1/4 cup water, or as required
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, mint leaves, chile pepper, salt, onion and tamarind juice.
- Process to a fine paste, adding enough water to achieve a thick sauce.