When I started reading novels during school, I remember I used to keep a bag full of cookies besides me. It has been important to keep a munching bag while reading. Its like eating pop corns while watching a movie.
Cookies! is something I have everyday with my cup of tea in the evening. There is nothing better than the homemade cookies. Now being the season for oranges. I had to try an orange one. Oranges bring out great flavour in any recipe I use. If you love orange you will certainly love these with a combination of chocolate.
This recipe is from Diethood. Kate has been dear friend also quiet helpful with her recipes. Her blog is very interesting to as it has alot of baking, which atleast I am addicted to.
Since I am not a huge fan of white chocolate, I used milk chocolate instead. The results were too good!! A must try!
So here we start making the cookies!…
It takes about 12 minutes to bake and 30 minutes to prepare. So its quite quick.
(makes about 2 dozen)
You will need:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 190 0C.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl, mix the cream butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Now beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in orange zest!! (for a refreshing taste)
- Add in the flour mixture, into batches, until well combined.
- Now some milk chocolate chips!!
- Take some cookie dough in your hands and roll it into a small ball. Now, press it into a round shape.
- Place the cookies on the parchment sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container. (Important: As cookies may become a little soggy if not kept in an air tight container.
I loved the taste of orange with millk chocolate!! Yummy!!