Its Christmas time and I am inclined to try more and more of christmas recipes. I came across this wonderful recipe of a cider. This is a traditional recipe which is mostly made during Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Since the mood is so festive, I thought why not give this a try.
The flavors in this cider are fruity, and it gives a taste of alot of spices like cinnamon, and cloves. If you want you can make it non-alcoholic also by omitting rum in the recipe. Since its winters I think everyone prefers the rum.
Some apple juice! The most important ingredient! and orange juice mixed with the maple syrup in a pan. Heat the mixture.
Add the Good ol’ Rum!! and all the spices along with the zest of orange and lemon.
Heat it for about 5-7 minutes and your Apple Cider is ready!
Apple Cider! Its yum when hot!
- 6 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 orange zest
- 1 lemon zest
- Pour the apple juice and maple syrup into a large stainless steel saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, rum, orange peel and lemon peel in the pan.
- Place the saucepan over moderate heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cider is very hot but not boiling.
- Remove the cider from the heat. Seive the cider.
- Ladle the cider into big cups or mugs. Drink Hot or Cold. I usually prefer hot!
(Adapted from allrecipes)