Three Cheese & Sour Cream French Toast

23 Dec

Looking out for Christmas breakfast…u needn’t go any further. This recipes which I have got is relatively simple but needs to be prepared a night in advance. This a different version of a french toast or you could also call it a savoury bread pudding. Whatever you wanna call it, but the flavors in this toast are divine. Its got the most tempting ingredients such as sour cream and delicious flavors of three cheeses i.e Cheddar, Gouda and Parmesan. Somehow I feel each one of us, since childhood become addicted to cheese, cheese and cheese. This addiction hasn’t left till now.

This bread sort of melts into your mouth. It tastes somewhat like the filling in quiche. Its soft, gooey and eggy bread. Its serves as a complete morning breakfast or an evening snack.

Pop in chopped spring onions and a garlic clove into a blender.

Throw in the eggs!!

Add the gooey Cheese Chedar, Pasmesan and Gouda!!

Add the dollops of sour cream. Make it into a sauce. If its thick add some milk.

Layer the bread into a baking dish.

Pour the sauce over it!!

Cover it and keep it in the refrigerator overnight for the flavours to soak in!

In the morning bring it out of the fridge and bring it to room temperature.

Bake it in  the oven for 180 degree celcius for 30 minutes.

Preparation Time: 15 mins + overnight refrigeration;   Cooking Time: 30 mins  Serves: 2-3

Ingredients used:

4 slices of Wheat Bread

150 gm sour cream

1 spring onion

3 eggs

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

1/2 cup cheddar cheese

1/2 cup gouda cheese

Preparation:

Firstly, chop the spring onion and place it in a food processor along with the eggs. Add all the cheese, sour cream and salt. Blend it well till it becomes a thick sauce.

Then, Place the bread in a baking dish.

Now, Pour the sauce over the bread. Regrigerate overnight.

Lastly, bring it out of the fridge. Let the dish come to normal room temperation, then put it in Pre-heated oven at 180 degree celcius for 30 minutes.

9 Responses to “Three Cheese & Sour Cream French Toast”

1. Nava Krishnan December 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM #

With the combination of the different types of cheese and sour cream, I can imagine how great the taste must have been. I too like to made some dishes ahead and bring out when needed, you know sometimes we can only manage to do so much within the limited time.

2. Parsley Sage December 23, 2011 at 6:37 PM #

Move over French toast…I’ve no use for your sugary ways. My heart now belongs to THIS! This sounds fantastic! I’m a cheese fiend so I know I will love this 🙂

Buzzed

3. WineDineDaily December 25, 2011 at 1:42 AM #

Sounds delicious and you can’t go wrong with Gouda and Parmesan 🙂

4. Karen December 25, 2011 at 2:40 AM #

Sounds absolutely delicious.

5. Kimby December 25, 2011 at 7:07 PM #

Oh my goodness this sounds good… make that: exquisite. 🙂 Love your savory take on French toast!

6. Beth Michelle December 25, 2011 at 8:28 PM #

Oh wow this looks amazing!! Cheesy delicious goodness!

7. Tina@flourtrader December 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM #

This does look like something I would enjoy. Very creative to make a savory style french toast, love the ingredients here. Great post!

8. Maggie @ kitchie coo December 28, 2011 at 1:55 AM #

Wow, a savory french toast, what a wonderful idea! This looks amazing and perfect for those mornings when you want a salty breakfast rather than a sweet french toast. Happy Holidays!

9. CorkAndSpoon January 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM #

One of the best things about blogs? Finding ideas you never thought of! I love my sweets, but a savory french toast sounds awesome! ~Ruth