Blueberry Crumb Bars

10 Jan

So invite you to enjoy yet another blueberry recipe. Baking is something that I really love. It gives me pleasure and satisfaction. So I thought why not use blueberries for baking. I decided to make Blueberry Crumb Bars.

This is one of my favourite recipes. I love the crumb whether it is on a cake or a pie. This is one crumb bar to die for. It is utterly delicious. The crust and the crumb have a sweet taste but the blueberries in it give it a tangy taste to it. Blueberries are an exotic fruit. It’s flavorsomely sour and delicious.  I love the sweet and tanginess in a dessert. The freshness of the butter is definitely very oozing and yum. It is nice tea-time or a dessert to serve.

Blueberries can be easily substituted with raspberries or cranberries (whatever you may like). Since I am a blueberry fan and this being a blueberry week, I use Blueberry.

For this I used:

1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks or 8 ounces)
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
Zest and juice from one lemon
4 cups fresh blueberries
2/3 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.

2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and lemon zest. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. (I use my hands.) Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.

3. In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

Scrumptioussss Crumb Barrr!!!

I actually ate right away when it came out of the oven.

(adapted Allrecipes.com)

Verdict:

Loved by everyone who tasted!!!

12 Responses to “Blueberry Crumb Bars”

1. Kimby January 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM #

Your description of the buttery flavor and that PHOTO were fantastic… I’d eat them right out of the oven, too. 🙂

• Kiri W. January 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM #

I love crumb cake, and in Germany we make it as a sheet cake, not unlike your bars. Love the blueberries, I know my wife would devour these too! 🙂

2. susie January 10, 2012 at 10:34 PM #

I love a good crumb bar….and basically everything with crumb topping on it lol. They look nice and tasty. I just made a blueberry crumb muffin the other day… I am feeling the blueberry love. These will be on my list to make. 🙂

3. Janet@FCTC January 11, 2012 at 7:26 AM #

Yummy!! Blueberries are my favorite berry so I know I would love these!

4. Nava Krishnan January 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM #

Oh yes, I have a weakness for crumbs too, Beautiful bars with the blueberry add on.

5. Pasta Princess January 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM #

This looks and sounds heavenly – I love blueberries. This is going in my “to make” folder. 🙂

6. Asmita January 17, 2012 at 9:06 AM #

Wow, these crumb bars look delicious!!!

7. CouponClippingCook January 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM #

These crumb bars look so delicious. I’m always looking for ways to use blueberries for times when they go on sale for a really good price at the grocery store.

8. Choc Chip Uru January 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM #

I bet these would taste gorgeous, especially with homemade jam or a mixture of jams – piled high with fresh berries and crumble, I can smell these right now… yum

9. Soni January 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM #

I’m also a crumb lover and your bars look great!Lovely recipe 🙂

10. filingawaycupcakes February 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM #

These are absolutely darling!