This thursday was the Republic Day so it was a Holiday! Yay! It’s when JS returned from his trip to Hong-Kong. I really missed him. So thursday I was spending most of my time with him. Also, enjoying all my presents. 🙂
India celebrates its Republic Day on the 26th January every year. It is celebrated as India got its constitution on this day. There is an amazing parade at the India Gate in New Delhi to celebrate the event. If you haven’t seen one, you must watch it live in the grounds or on TV. India’s diversity and richness in the culture shows in the parade.
My mum prepared this sandwich for our tiffin. This always reminds of the Indian flag colors. So I decided to prepare it for this Republic Day breakfast. This is soft sandwich and inclusive of yummy chutney in it!
Vegetable Carvings which I learnt recently!!:)
Makes: 2 sandwiches
4 slices of bread
1/2 cup cream
1/2 turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sauce
1/2 cup mint chutney
some tomato ketchup
- Heat the cream in a pan. Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, and salt. Keep aside. Let it cool.
- Spread the mint chutney on a slice.
- Put another slice on top of it and then spread the prepared cream on top of it.
- Put the third slice on top of the other slices.
- Spread the tomato ketchup over it and again top up with the last slice of bread.
- Coat the entire sandwich with the white sauce.
- Decorate with some ketchup. Refrigerate it for 1/2 hour.