Republic Day Special: Trio Sandwiches

29 Jan

This thursday was the Republic Day so it was a Holiday! Yay! It’s when JS returned from his trip to Hong-Kong. I really missed him. So thursday I was spending most of my time with him. Also, enjoying all my presents. 🙂

India celebrates its Republic Day on the 26th January every year. It is celebrated as India got its constitution on this day. There is an amazing parade at the India Gate in New Delhi to celebrate the event. If you haven’t seen one, you must watch it live in the grounds or on TV. India’s diversity and richness in the culture shows in the parade.

My mum prepared this sandwich for our tiffin. This always reminds of the Indian flag colors. So I decided to prepare it for this Republic Day breakfast. This is soft sandwich and inclusive of yummy chutney in it!

Vegetable Carvings which I learnt recently!!:)

Makes: 2 sandwiches

Ingredients:

4 slices of bread

1/2 cup cream

1/2 turmeric powder

1/2 tsp red chili powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup white sauce

1/2 cup mint chutney

some tomato ketchup

Preparation:

1. Heat the cream in a pan. Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, and salt. Keep aside. Let it cool.
  2. Spread the mint chutney on  a slice.
  3. Put another slice on top of it and then spread the prepared cream on top of it.
  4. Put the third slice on top of the other slices.
  5. Spread the tomato ketchup over it and again top up with the last slice of bread.
  6. Coat the entire sandwich with the white sauce.
  7. Decorate with some ketchup. Refrigerate it for 1/2 hour.
  8. Enjoy!!

8 Responses to “Republic Day Special: Trio Sandwiches”

1. yummychunklet January 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM #

How pretty! I love the designs on these sandwiches.

2. Kimby January 30, 2012 at 6:48 AM #

Very pretty tomato “rose,” too! I love sandwiches — these show that you don’t have to pile on cold cuts to have a delicious sandwich. Happy Republic Day!

3. Liz January 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM #

Yummy sandwiches..and I love your garnishes!!! Great new skill 🙂

4. Ridwan January 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM #

Thank you for checking out my blog,and like my Fb page ( i’m not on Fb page much ) I just join your facebook page as well,you had a great blog,I love this sandwich recipe is very different,sound YummY too 🙂

5. Your carvings are gorgeous and that sandwich looks very pretty! Happy Republic Day!

6. Tina (PinayInTexas) January 31, 2012 at 10:45 PM #

Those sandwiches look really cool! Love how you made them as well as the vegetable carvings!

7. Kathy February 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM #

Very Pretty sandwiches…love the presentation!

8. Charles February 3, 2012 at 5:15 AM #