Cupid’s Strawberry Delight

5 Feb

February brings about a romantic air around the house. The chilliness in the winter months mingles with warmth of the festive day. Valentines is a special day for the ones you love.

What is most exciting these days is the wonderfully decorated malls and lots of attractive gift items available in the stores. I wish my honey buys all for me!! πŸ™‚ Apparently, VALENTINES DAY and MY BIRTHDAY fall in the same month. This is the reason I love February. So that mean double the gifts. I make sure that I get my gift for both the days. Isn’t it suppose to be like that! In all that excitement my posts have got delayed (you know na valentine and birthday shopping). I am sure all my friends would understand the urgency to shop and halt all the other work for sometime. πŸ˜‰

Anyways, not disappointing you further, there is lots coming up to try this month on Valentines for your loved one. This is an exclusive drink that I make especially during festivities! Trust me, it tastes delicious both ways whether you want to add the vodka to it or not. Choice is yours!

Trying to show-off my photography skills!!!!!:) πŸ˜‰

Serves 2:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup chilled cream

4 mint leaves

1 cup crushed ice

4 strawberries (2 for decoration)

1/2 cup soda water

10 ml vodka (optional)

Method:

Blend all the ingredients together in a blender.

Pour into glasses.

Chop the strawberries and sprinkle in the glasses.

Serve in the most romantic way!!

Somehow, Strawberries signify love and warmth to me and the taste delicious too!

One of my favourite berry fruit!

I am linking this to Food Frenzy, don’t forget to vote! Click Here

Also, linking this to the Valentine’s Day Event 2012. Click Here

Linking this to the Valentine Day Special Event. Click Here

16 Responses to “Cupid’s Strawberry Delight”

1. Choc Chip Uru February 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM #

So so good – minty refreshment, icy cool and filled with strawberries!
    And you are very luck to have 2 celebrations so close to one another πŸ˜€ – Happy Early Birthday!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

2. Nava Krishnan February 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM #

Thats a lovely drink, what more I adore mint and liquor together. Will certainly give a try esp during Valentine. Having said that, for us Valentine is another normal day as we both try to make each day we spend together as Valentine day for the rest of our lives.

3. Amrita February 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM #

Yummy! This is like a dessert and cocktail rolled into one! Have fun with all the celebrations! And Happy Birthday to you!

4. Charles February 6, 2012 at 3:49 AM #

You had me at cream and vodka πŸ˜€ Totally agree – something about strawberries seems so romantic πŸ˜€ Beautiful drinks!

5. shutterbug February 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM #

ooh…that sounds good!

6. Soni February 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM #

Absolutely delicious!I will definitely be trying this for sure since I’m somehow lost when it comes to drinks and beverages!Perfect for Valentine’s πŸ™‚

7. Teena Mary February 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM #

Ahh..thts awesome! Perfect for a Valentine & for celebrations. Thanks for linking with my event πŸ™‚ Happy b’day to you !! Enjoy your celebrations πŸ™‚

8. spiceblogger February 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM #

Thanks for the friend request on Foodbuzz! I buzzed ya πŸ™‚
    This strawberry delight looks….. well, delightful!
    πŸ˜‰

Happy Cooking
    –Shelley

9. fatpiginthemarket February 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM #

Cupid would approve of this drink…definitely! I never think about making cocktails with cream but this is inspiring me.

10. Kiri W. February 7, 2012 at 4:37 AM #

Looks so elegant! πŸ™‚ very nice for V Day!

11. Maria February 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM #

Hi,

First time on ur blog lovely collection and nice drink. Please pass me some πŸ™‚

12. My Italian SmΓΆrgΓ₯sbord (Aka Barbara) February 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM #

so dangerous! may get drunk so easily with this. think I will go for the alcohol-free version. beautiful pics!

13. Kimby February 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM #

The thought of a creamy, minty, strawberry cocktail sounds refreshingly romantic — and so pretty, too — what a great idea! Voted for you at Food Frenzy. πŸ™‚

14. Sarah @ Homestyle Cooking Around The World February 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM #

This looks so pretty and refreshing- perfect for an intimate meal!