Living in Delhi involves a lot of social commitments. Easily we end up eating outside meals at least three times a week. This is then followed by stomach issues. So whenever I can, I try to avoid the outside spicy food. So I prefer to replicate the restaurant dishes at home in a healthy way.
Recently, I just craved to have nice vegetable stir fried noodles. After having some Teppanyaki food on a our anniversary we relished the taste of egg in rice and noodles. Before this I have never tried putting egg in home-made noodles and rice. I tried with noodles this time and it worked really well.
This is my own recipe. I like it when I follow my instincts and the recipe works well. 🙂 It is indeed very satisfying.
So here is what you need:
Serves: 2 persons
200 gm egg noodles
2 tsp olive oil
2 dried red chili
4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
1 green capsicum, sliced
1 small carrot, sliced
8-10 mushrooms, sliced
7-8 french beans, sliced
1 tsp dark soya sauce
2 tsp vinegar
1 tsp red chilli sauce
3/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
- Boil 5-6 cups of water, add some salt and oil. Add the noodles. Let them cook for 7 minutes. Strain them and add some oil so it doesn’t become sticky.
- Soak the dried red chili’s in a bowl of water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan. Add olive oil. Saute garlic till it becomes aromatic. Add the soaked chilies.
- Now add carrots, capsicum and mushrooms and french beans. Saute till they get cooked properly.
- Push the vegetables a little aside in the pan and add the egg to the same pan and scramble it well with a wooden spatula.
- Once the egg is cooked properly combine it with the vegetables (it may look a bit messy but once you combine with noodles it will become fine).
- Add the noodles. Stir them properly.
- In a small bowl, mix the soya sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar, pepper and salt. Add it to the noodles.
- Mix well and serve hot!!