Strawberry Sauce

11 Mar

This is a truly exquisite Strawberry Sauce. You can serve it over vanilla ice-cream or a frozen yogurt it would taste delicious!!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup White wine/ Water

1 ” cinnamon stick

1/2 cup chopped Strawberries

Method:

1. Heat water and sugar along with the cinnamon stick.
  2. Add the chopped strawberries.
  3. Heat till it gets a consistency of a sauce.
  4. Serve chilled.

11 Responses to “Strawberry Sauce”

1. Choc Chip Uru March 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM #

This sauce looks gorgeous – beautiful red colour!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Tropical Caramelised German Baked Pancake

2. yummychunklet March 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM #

Ooh, I like the idea of reducing the berries down in white wine. I may have to try that with some moscato for extra sweetness.

3. easyfoodsmith March 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM #

The sauce looks lovely. I could happily eat spoons full!

4. Ruth March 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM #

Sounds delicious just to eat it by itself! I love the wine addition 🙂

5. Karen March 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM #

This sounds delicious. A perfect topping for an ice cream sundae.

6. Kimby March 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM #

Fresh strawberries simmered in white wine with a touch of cinnamon?! Oooh, yum! Beautiful photos, too!

7. My Italian Smörgåsbord (Aka Barbara) March 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM #

recently made strawberry jam out of frozen strawberries. just love anything strawberr-ish! this looks delish.

8. Tina (PinayInTexas) March 31, 2012 at 2:48 AM #

Love homemade strawberry sauce!
    Sorry that I haven’t been here lately…hope all is well with you! Have a great weekend!

9. Maria April 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM #

Have recently awarded you as a Versatile Blogger do check out on this link http://www.flavorsofmumbai.com/versatile-blogger-awards/

10. Kimby April 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM #

Hi, Gursahiba! I just had fresh strawberries this afternoon and it reminded me that I’ve been wanting to try your sauce recipe! That hint of cinnamon and white wine is intriguing! Did you use a drywine or a sweet wine?

11. Anzz George April 27, 2012 at 2:58 AM #

Perfect topping… great recipe..!