When my husband and I first met, the first things which we discussed about our liking about FOOD. Yes, this was of a major concern (hehe!). Somehow our tastes are actually very similar. We love to try out new stuff and still we have our favorites which we have regular schedules to eat. To be honest, our similar tastes during our courtship, then our honeymoon really got us going (haha!). It is soo funny that food has such a major role to play.
JS’s (my husband) reactions are always worth noticing when he just loves something while he is eating. While we go on holiday, the most important for both of us is to try out the cuisine of that place. Food really holds on to the big part of our holiday. Not necessarily we enjoy restaurant food but also love munching and hogging to the street food. If we really like something out, it is a must try at home with our kitchen experiments.
This chicken is mostly cooked by mum and everyone just loves it! Somehow, I really relish the combination of mushrooms and chicken in any dish. Being a non-vegetarian, I am always attracted to meat more than the vegetables. So whenever I find a combination of chicken and vegetables, I am always driven to cook and eat.
It tastes delicious as chicken cubes simmered in tomato-cream sauce with mushrooms. Usually we love it with cheesy garlic bread but it goes well with steamed rice too.
3 boneless chicken breast (400 gm)-cut into 1/2″ cubes
3/4 cup cream
2-3 tbsp cheese spread
3 tbsp butter
1 small onion-finely chopped
100- 150 gm mushrooms- each cut into 2 pieces
3-4 flakes crushed garlic
1/2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp flour
- Whip cream and cheese spread well so that there are no lumps and is smooth. Keep aside.
- Sprinkle some salt, chili powder, and pepper over the chicken. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan and add onions. Cook till light golden. Add Mushrooms, cook for a minute. Remove the onions and mushrooms from the pan.
- To the same pan, add 1 tbsp butter, add chicken pieces and stir fry till golden brown. Cook covered for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomato puree, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce. Mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add flour. Mix.
- Reduce heat, take the pan off the heat. Add cream and cheese spread mixture, stirring continuously. Mix well.
- Return the pan to the heat, add chopped capsicum. Heat on very low flame gently for about 1 minute and remove just before it starts to boil. Serve with garlic bread or steamed rice.