If you are looking for a tangy recipe then your search stops right here!! Hold on!!
My favorite is a Lemon Fish which i usually order from a restaurant close by, but this is actually as good as a restaurant one. The combination of the chicken with some parsley , onions and red chili flakes gives it a unique flavor.
1 kg boneless chicken
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (i used normal vinegar)
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves/parsley leaves
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Liberally season it with salt and pepper. Place it in a large baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemons to get 1 1/2 cup juice. Zest 2 lemons.
- Whisk in red vine vinegar,zest, garlic, red pepper flakes, onions and parsley.
- Finally whisk in olive oil, slowly, to create an emulsion.
- After 25 minutes of baking, remove the chicken from the oven. Drain all the liquid from the pan.
- Pour the lemon emulsion over the chicken. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve the chicken and sauce with hunks of crusty bread.