Green Thai curry has always been one of my favorites whenever I go to dine out. The mere taste of basils,and kaffir lime leaves is piquant. Usually I used to make the paste from scratch but since these days alot of us prefer quick cooking, I tried the paste. The Real Thai (brand) products available in the market (not very expensive) are quite good in terms that they are tasteful. Usually a sachet is better for a one time use, firstly they are not as expensive as the jars and secondly, the jars might get fungus too soon (depends how often you would cook or eat thai food).
1 sachet Real Thai Green Curry
1 coconut milk tin (400 ml)
500 g boneless chicken
100 g mushrooms
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 inch galangal (thai ginger)
1 stalk lemon grass chopped
5-6 kaffir lime leaves
1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
- Wash and clean the chicken. Pat dry. Keep aside.
- In a pan put 2 tsp vegetable oil and add the green curry paste. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the boneless chicken. Cook till 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, galangal and chopped lemon grass. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk. Simmer the gas and stir a bit. Add sugar.
- Add salt, basil and lime leaves.
- Serve with boiled rice.