Sometimes it is very confusing what to have for breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. So I usually try to make it healthy and nutritious. Different ideas as always welcomed. I liked about this toast was firstly it was quick, also tasteful and secondly, I could make another dish out of it (mushroom croquettes).
It is always easier to make your breakfast healthy. There are a few easy tips:
- If you eating fruits, avoid peeling them. They add to your roughage.
- Instead of having plain milk, add breakfast cereals to it or just make a fruit smoothie.
- Add an egg to your diet.
- Eat almonds in the morning. They give energy and good source to improve memory.
- Substitute white bread with a multigrain bread or a wholewheat bread
- Add salad leaves to your sandwich.
2-3 piece of boneless chicken (cut into small pieces)
100 g mushrooms (finely chopped)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp butter
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
- Add butter to the pan. Cook the chicken.
- Add onions. When transparent add the mushrooms. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Take half the milk add cornflour. Mix well. Add to the pan.Keep stirring. Put the rest of the milk.
- Season the mixture with salt, oregano and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture on a toasted bread. Grill for 2 minutes.