I often love to experiment with the salads. So i thought of including MANGO, this season to my salad. Believe me, this turned out to be actually great. It was highly refreshing and the flavors in the salad really coagulated very well. This is very easy to make and also very refreshing.
We often avoid mangoes because they are high calorie fruit. But I actually found a lot of benefits for this fruit, especially for you, so that you could indulge into the fruit guilt free. I came across 10 Benefits for eating mango:
- Fights and Prevents Cancer – Mangoes are full of anti-oxidants which prevent breast cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer. It also helps in prevent leukemia.
- Improves Eye Sight – It contains high dosage of Vitamin A or Retinol which helps protect eye sight.
- High amount of Fiber and Vitamin C – It contains high amount of fibre and Vitamin C which helps to eliminate the Low Dencity Lipoprotein thereby bringing cholesterol levels down.
- Maintaining the Alkaline balance of the Body – This is an amazing fruit which helps to maintain the alkaline balance of the human body because it contains elements like malic acid, tartaric acid and also a very good amount of citric acid.
- Increases Metabolic rate – Like papayas, mangoes also help in improving digestion because it is very rich in fibres. Fibres help in good bowel movement and this inturn helps increase metabolic rate. Increased metabolic rate helps in cutting down excess stomach flab.
- Boost Immunity
- Enriched with Anti oxidants – Mangoes are enriched with antioxidants and this helps in cell rejuvenation and cell repair.It helps detoxify skin from inside and also prevents occurrence of acne.
- Increases Fertility – Mangoes are rich in folate or folic acid which helps in improving fertility. It is a form of Vitamin B and folic acid deficiency that can cause miscarriage in women.
- Trace Minerals – Mangoes contain trace elements like copper, selenium, zinc and potassium which are essential for human well being. Absence of these trace minerals can cause a lot of health problems. So start including mangoes in your regular diet.
- Vitamin E – Mangoes are rich in Vitamin E, which helps increase and improve the sex drive in humans. Mango fruit benefits also include reducing cholesterol and preventing diabetes. I know you would be surprised reading this, but it is true. Mangoes contain natural sugar, and each has nearly 31gms of sugar, but at the same time it is low on glycemic load, this means that it the blood sugar is not affected.
Time required: 20 minutes
1 Mango finely cut
1/2 Cucumber finely chopped
1/2 Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper finely chopped
some sweet corns
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp chopped parsley
- Cut mango, cucumber, bell peppers and put them in the bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and let it chill in refrigerator.
- Before serving, arrange the lettuce on the plate and place the salad on top. You can decorate with some cherries.