Some how I have been really willing to use the flavor of rosemary in my food. So my recent trip to the grocery store demanded me to bring this new herb rosemary. It usually goes well with meat and chicken. So I decided to go with chicken. Somehow I enjoy using herbs in my cooking as it gives a very refreshing flavor.
Rosemary has some great health benefits such as it helps in cancer prevention, improving memory, pain relief, mood elevator, digestive problems, and immune booster. Not only it is good for health but its pine-like aroma and pungent flavor goes well with chicken, lamb, pork, salmon and tuna dishes.
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 lemon slices
10 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1 complete bone-in chicken
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, salt, and black pepper. Stir it vigorously.
- Clean the chicken. Pat dry. Add the emulsified mixture to the chicken. Rub the mixture well with the chicken.
- Add cut potatoes and slices of lemon.
- Put a foil on a baking tray. Place the chicken, lemon and potatoes well.
- Grill the chicken for 30-40 minutes.
Verdict: Flavors are great with lemon and rosemary. Serve it instantly out of the grill. The flavors are great and also appreciated by young children.