The dip I am introducing today has become my recent favorite after trying with various things. Pesto can be used in a countless ways. There are 2 ways in which I use the most, they are with pasta and potatoes. This easy dip mingled with pasta or boiled potatoes gives a refreshing taste. This is a quick recipe for especially working mothers.
Time: 5 minutes
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup cheese (parmesan/cheddar)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Combine the basil, garlic, cheese and pine nuts in a food processor. Churn it. Add 1/2 cup oil and process untill fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Usually an authentic pesto may require parmesan cheese but if you dont have it nevermind, you can use cheddar cheese in it.
- If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse it. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl.
- If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months.