I love all the seasons but this time of the year is my favorite; when the summers are going and winters are setting in. The weather in between these seasons is wonderful when there is sprinkle of rain. When the weather is good, a tempting meal is always essential. While I sipped into my tea last evening with this pleasant weather, I wondered what exciting I could make. Nothing could beat a creamy soft chicken, freshly baked in my oven.
So I had actually bought mascarpone long time back and had been wondering what savory dish I could make with it. Making tiramisu or a cheesecake is a standard thing to do. But I really wanted to try to be innovative. So trying these flavors with the chicken was a wonderful idea. Also, I added some grilled bell peppers which always go along well with a baked dish. Another wonderful thing about trying this chicken was I didn’t wanted to pan fry or cook it. I wanted to bake it! Let me tell those you haven’t tried baking a chicken, it’s actually the most easy thing to do.
So firstly I washed 3-4 pieces of chicken breast…..
Then I mixed the mascarpone cheese, homemade pesto and season it with salt and pepper. Let it rest aside….
Slit the chicken breast and put the pesto mixture…
Drizzle some olive oil on the chicken and season with salt, pepper and oregano…
Put the bell peppers and season them and oil them… Cover the chicken fillets with breadcrumbs and put in a well greased shallow dish…
Bake it for 20-25 mins at 180 degree celcius…
Serve oozing hot with some crispy bread….
Here is the recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 25- 30 mins
Serves: 4 person
4 chicken breast fillet
3 tbsp mascarpone cheese
1 cup Pesto sauce
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp oregano
1/2 cubed yellow bell pepper
1/2 cubed red bell pepper
salt to taste
pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius/ gas 6.
- Mix together the pesto and mascarpone. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep aside.
- Use a small sharp knife to make a slit along the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Fill carefully a quarter of the pesto mixture into each chicken breast pockets.
- Brush a little oil about 1 tsp all over the chicken breast and season it well with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Tip the breadcrumbs onto a large plate and season it with salt and pepper. Place each breast on the plate and press all over with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken and bell peppers in a lighly oiled shallow dish. Drizzle over some remaining oil.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken starts to turn golden ans is cooked through and serve with a crusty bread.