The dip I am introducing today has become my recent favorite after trying with various things. Pesto can be used in a countless ways. There are 2 ways in which I use the most, they are with pasta and potatoes. This easy dip mingled with pasta or boiled potatoes gives a refreshing taste. This is a quick recipe for especially working mothers.
Time: 5 minutes
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup cheese (parmesan/cheddar)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Combine the basil, garlic, cheese and pine nuts in a food processor. Churn it. Add 1/2 cup oil and process untill fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Usually an authentic pesto may require parmesan cheese but if you dont have it nevermind, you can use cheddar cheese in it.
- If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse it. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl.
- If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months.
This is a truly exquisite Strawberry Sauce. You can serve it over vanilla ice-cream or a frozen yogurt it would taste delicious!!
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup White wine/ Water
1 ” cinnamon stick
1/2 cup chopped Strawberries
- Heat water and sugar along with the cinnamon stick.
- Add the chopped strawberries.
- Heat till it gets a consistency of a sauce.
- Serve chilled.
Well, I know I have mentioned it earlier that I am actually trying to watch my weight. But its good to indulge once in a while. I couldn’t keep myself to resist my temptation of having the two main components I have used for this recipe. Cheese and Potatoes are one of my staple diets. If you are a big lover of Big Chill, this is something you would have had as a side dish with the grills. They usually offer a very little portion, which leaves me with more craving for it. So I decided to replicate at home. But you know what? It actually turned out to be better than what I had there.
This is quick and easy bake which is loved by almost everyone.
If you love potatoes and cheese this continental dish you would simply adore. This is one of my favourite innovations and something that kids in my family love eating.
For this you would need:
3-4 medium potatoes sliced
3-4 grated cubes processed cheese
1 1/2 Cup Milk
2 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Prepare white sauce:
Heat butter in the pan. Add flour. Stir.
Add milk and let it boil. Once it boils, simmer the gas and bring it a thick consistency.
Add salt and pepper.
Align the sliced potatoes in a baking dish.
Pour the white sauce.
Put it in the oven for 25 mins at 200 degree Celsius.
Bring it out of the oven. It would have turned a little golden.
Sprinkle the processed cheese over it. Bake again for 20 mins at 200 degree celsius.
Couldn’t resist from taking a picture while I took a bite.
- Sometimes potatoes are not thinly sliced so it may take more time to cook. But 45 mins is ideal.
- Make sure white sauce is thick enough.